The City of Hilo rests like a jewel on the east coast of the Island of Hawaii, the largest, and newest island in this tropical archipelago. Steeped in rich history and culture this colorful city is a vibrant melting pot of culinary influences. Being the first place inhabited by the ancient Polynesians when they arrived by sea in 400 CE, Hilo holds special significance in the people of Hawaii’s history and through their strength and commitment to one another, have endured and triumphed over many hardships.
It stands out as a true symbol of Aloha and ‘Ohana both of which you will experience in our tours. Although it’s rainier than Kailua-Kona on the west side, there is also plenty of sunshine to bask in and if a shower happens to visit while you’re on tour, we are ready with ponchos and umbrellas for all our guests to use. After all, rain is life falling from the sky and you can see the evidence of this in the lush landscapes that surround you. Hilo is the rainiest city in the United States, and here we dance in the rain. Come dance with us!
I ♥ HILO
A truly engaging food experience takes you around downtown Hilo tasting your way through history and local culture. Walk along historical front street in Hilo Bay, check out the famous Hilo Farmer’s Market, and visit hot spots in Old Hilo Town where you will partake in all the local favorite ono grindz and beverages.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Approximately 2.5 hour tour
- 5 tastings/pairings
- $159 per person (Kamaʻāina rates available. Please call to inquire.)
- 10 guests maximum per tour
- Your knowledgeable and insightful guide will “talk story” and share local history as you walk along Bay Front and wind your way through Old Hilo Town and the famous Hilo Farmer’s Market.
- You’ll get a chance to meet local produce and craft vendors, chefs, and restaurateurs in a rich experience for all your senses and a taste of what makes Hilo such an amazing destination.
- What is included: Hand selected tastings of food and beverages/cocktails as well as behind the scenes perspectives of the places you will visit on your journey. You will not leave hungry.
- Customary gratuity for your guide is NOT included.
- This is a walking tour, so guests are advised to be in good walking condition and wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Please inform us at the time of booking if anyone in your tour group has any allergies or dietary restrictions. We can usually accommodate special requirements.
*Private Tours available: We love collaborating with our guests to create your unique and inspiring food tour experience. Please contact us to inquire. We’re excited to work with you!